“August Moon” is our brand new (2019) Saba 50, with a 5 cabin, 5 heads lay-out plus a single fore peak berth and convertible saloon table into a double bed, perfect for large groups up to 13 guests.
The Saba 50 has the same excellent optimization of space and weight as the highly successful sistership, Helia 44. The designers also paid the same special attention to comfort, elegance, and performance. The result is quite simply a beautiful sailing catamaran that sails remarkably well. Performance is one of the things that people who own or charter the Saba 50 rave about. Under the right conditions, you can easily achieve 9-11 knots while sailing, and may even be able to push above 14 knots with the right wind. This is surprising considering the size of the vessel, but this is where that lightweight construction comes into play.
Measuring 49.15 feet in length, the Saba 50 is a practical size — large enough to offer roomy accommodations, but not so large as to sacrifice maneuverability and handling. The boat includes fixed keels and fine entry hulls, both of which contribute to ease of handling. The vessel is also lightweight, thanks to the vacuum-bagged PVC-foam-core laminate used in the construction. The deck and cabin have been sprayed with gelcoat and produced through Resin Transfer Molding (RTM), which gives every surface an elegant, polished look.
- LOA: 49′ 1″
- BEAM: 26’2″
- DRAFT: 4′ 1″
- ENGINES: 2x 75hp
- FUEL: 248 gal
- WATER: 185 gal
- 5 Double Cabins & 5 Electric Heads
- single bow bed + Salon Table converts to double bed
- Generator & Air-Conditioning
- Classic main w/stackpack & lazy jacks, furling genoa
- 2 x GPS/Chartplotter, Auto-Pilot, Wind Instrument
- 2 Electric Winches & Electric Windlass
- 4 burner stove, microwave
- Large 2 Double Drawer Fridge & Freezer
- Icemaker in cockpit
- Fusion bluetooth Stereo/DVD w/bow speakers
- Underwater lights
- Hydraulic Swim Platform
- VHF & Cellular Phone
- Gas BBQ
- Chart, Cruising Guide, Snorkeling & Safety Gear